Ernest Hemingway was a renowned American novelist, whose stories, literature and vision earned him the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. Ernest was born on July 21, 1899 in Oak Park, Illinois, United States. The books he wrote, the vision he had, influenced much of American and British fiction in the late 20th century. People loved Ernest for his"Masculine"vision in her novels and the way she lived her life, sometimes they also wanted to be in her shoes to explore that adventurous life.
Ernest was born in the home of the famous physician Clarence Edmonds Hemingway, he grew up in Chicago. When he enrolled in high school, he started writing and excelled at it. I used to spend quality time with family in Upper Michigan at a place called Walloon Lake, it was so iconic.
Ernest was passionate about joining the army, but that plan fell through due to a bad eye, although he later signed up for World War I as an ambulance driver. During his services he was also awarded in Milan for his bravery in 1918.
After the war he returned to writing, where he was also encouraged by other famous writers such as Gertrude Stein and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Among his famous and renowned works isThe old man and the sea, a moveable feast, in our time, and death in the afternoon.
Ernest Hemingway Inspirational Quotes and Sayings
1. "There is no friend more loyal than a book."
2. “There is nothing to write home about. All you do is sit in front of a typewriter and bleed."
3. "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
4. “I love to sleep. My life tends to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?
5. “The best way to tell if you can trust someone is to trust them.”
6. “The most painful thing is getting lost in the process of loving someone too much and forgetting that you are special too.”
7. “There is nothing noble about being superior to your neighbor; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
8. “Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach him to keep his mouth shut."
9. “The world breaks everyone, and then many are strong in the broken places.”
10. "The first draft of anything sucks."
11. “All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know.”
12. "Maybe... you'll fall in love with me again." "Damn it," I said, "I love you enough now. What is it you want to do? Ruin me?" I want to ruin you." "Fine," I said. "That's what I want too."
13. "I drink to make other people more interesting."
14. “When people talk, listen carefully. Most people never listen."
15. “All good books are alike because they are truer than if they had really happened and after you finish reading one you will feel that everything that happened to you and afterwards everything belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy , the mourning and the sadness, the people and the places and what the weather was like. If you get that, you can give that to people, then you're a writer."
16. “Every day is a new day. It's better to be lucky. But I prefer to be exact. So when luck strikes, you're ready."
17. “All thinking men are atheists.”
18. “Courage is grace under pressure.”
19. "Never think that war, however necessary or justified it may be, is not a crime."
20. “If people bring so much courage into this world, the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks everyone and so many are strong in the broken places. But those who don't go bankrupt, kill. He impartially kills the very good, the very kind, and the very brave. If you're not one of those, you can be sure it'll kill you too, but there's no particular rush.”(Video) Ernest Hemingway's Quotes which are better to be known when young to not Regret in Old Age
21. “You expected to be sad in the fall. A part of you died each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and cold winter light. But you knew the spring would always be there, just as you knew the river would flow again after it froze. When the cold rains continued and killed the spring, it was like a young man dying for no reason."
22. "But man was not made for defeat," he said. "A man can be destroyed, but not defeated."
23. “Every man's life ends the same way. It's just the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another."
24. "You can't get away from yourself by moving from place to place."
25. "Never confuse movement with action."
26. "The world breaks everyone and so many are strong in the broken places."
27. "A cat has absolute emotional honesty: humans, for one reason or another, can hide their feelings, but a cat cannot."
28. “The best people have a sense of beauty, courage to take risks, discipline to tell the truth, capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; often they are wounded, sometimes destroyed.”
29. "As a writer, you must not judge, you must understand."
30. “Forget your personal tragedy. We're all screwed from the start and especially you have to be really screwed up before you can write seriously. But when you get the damn damage, use it, don't cheat with it.
31. “I don't have the courage anymore, darling. I'm all broken. i was broken
32. "I can't stand to think that my life is going so fast and that I'm not really living."
33. “There is nothing that is true. Everything is true."
34. “Never travel with someone you don't love.”
35. “And you will always love me, right?
Yes. And the rain won't make a difference? Not"
36. "My goal is to write what I see and feel in the best and easiest way."
37. "You're so brave and quiet I forget you're in pain."
38. “Write firmly and clearly about what hurts.”
39. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris when you were young, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it will stay with you, because Paris is a party in motion.”
40. “When spring came, even false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could ruin a day is people, and if you could just stop making appointments, every day would be limitless. People have always been the limiters of happiness, except for a few who were as good as spring itself.
41. "To write about life, you must first live it."
42. "I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the problem, I wanted to kiss you goodnight, and there's a big difference."
43. “We were together and we had our books and at night we were warm in bed with the windows open and the stars shining.”
44. “A smart man is sometimes forced to get drunk to spend time with his fools.”(Video) Ernest Hemingway Quotes | Quotes That Hit Hard
45. “So far, about morality, I only know that what is moral is what makes you feel good, and what is immoral is what makes you feel bad.”
46. "Oh, Jake," Brett said, "we could have had a lot of fun together." A khaki-clad policeman was directing traffic ahead. He lifted the cane. The car suddenly slowed, pressing Brett against me.
Yes, I said. "Isn't it good to think like that?"
47. "But life isn't hard to handle when you have nothing to lose."
48. “When you love, you want to do things. You want to sacrifice yourself for. You want to serve.
49. “No, that is the great fallacy: the wisdom of the ancients. They don't become wise. They become careful.
50. “The first and last thing you have to do in this world is endure and not be crushed by it.”
51. "All really bad things start in innocence."
52. "The hard part of writing a novel is finishing it."
53. "Isn't it good to think about it?"
54. “If two people love each other, there can be no happy ending.”
55. "It's very easy to be tough on everything during the day, but at night it's something else."
56. “They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and worthy to die for the country. But in modern warfare, there's nothing sweet or appropriate about his death. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
57. “Worry a little bit every day and you'll lose a few years of your life. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worrying never solves anything. ”
58. "You know you feel really good about deciding not to be a bitch."
59. "That he thinks I am more of a man than I am and will be."
60. “I know that the night is not like the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained by day, because then they don't exist, and night can be a terrible time. for lonely people once their loneliness has started.
61. “Now is not the time to think about what you don't have. Think about what you can do with what's there."
62. "We ate good and cheap and drank good and cheap and slept nice and warm together and loved each other."
63. “A lot of times a man wants to be alone and a girl wants to be alone too and if they love each other they feel jealous of each other but I can honestly say we never felt that. We could feel lonely when we were together, alone in front of others. But we never felt alone or afraid when we were together."
64. "Lady, all stories, if they last long enough, end in death, and he's not a true storyteller who would hide that from you."
65. “Do you ever get the feeling that your whole life is passing you by and you're not enjoying it? Do you realize that you've already lived nearly half the time you have left to live?
66. “It's none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.
67. “Live life full of mind, excited about new ideas, intoxicated by the Romance of the unusual.”
68. "All my life I've looked at words as if I were seeing them for the first time."(Video) Ernest Hemingway Quotes - Inspirational Quotes | Famous Quotes
69. "How did you file for bankruptcy?" Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly."
70. “Poor Faulkner. Do you really believe that big emotions come from big words? He thinks I don't know ten dollar words. I know them well. But there are older, simpler, better words, and those are the ones I use."
71. “Why do seniors wake up so early? Is it to have a longer day?
72. “There is nothing more than now. There is certainly no yesterday and there is no tomorrow. How old must you be before you know this? There is only now, and if now is only two days, then two days are your life and everything in it will be in proportion. This is how you live a life in two days. And if you stop complaining and asking for what you'll never get, you'll have a good life. A good life is not measured by any biblical period.”
73. “The world breaks everyone and so many are strong in the broken places. But those who don't go bankrupt, kill. He impartially kills the very good, the very kind, and the very brave. If you're not one of those, you can be sure it'll kill you too, but there's no particular rush.”
74. “His talent was as natural as the pattern the dust made on a butterfly's wings. There was a time when I didn't understand more than the butterfly and didn't know when it was rubbed or damaged. He later noticed his damaged wings and their construction and learned to think and could no longer fly because the love of flying was gone and he could only remember when it was effortless.
75. "Once you start living outside yourself, everything is dangerous."
76. “I already knew that everything good and bad leaves a void when it stops. But if it was bad, the void was filled. If it was good, you could only fill it by finding something better."
77. "Why honey, I don't live when I'm not with you."
78. "We're all broken, that's how the light comes in."
79. “I like to listen. I learned a lot by listening carefully. Most people never listen."
80. "I'm always in love."
81. "The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in shockproof shit detector."
82. “After writing a story, I was always empty and both sad and happy at the same time, as if I had made love, and I was sure it was a very good story, although I didn't really know how good it was until I read it. again. a day after. .”
83. “When writing a novel, a writer must create living people; people not characters A character is a caricature."
84. “There is no rule about how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it's like drilling into a rock and then blasting it with charges."
85. “Lord knows I didn't want to fall in love with her. I didn't want to fall in love with anyone. But God knows I did and I lay in bed in the hospital room in Milan and all sorts of things went through my head, but I felt wonderful…”.
86. “But Paris was a very old city and we were young and nothing was simple there, not even poverty, not sudden money, not moonlight, not good and bad, not even the breath of someone lying beside you At the moonlight.
87. “As I ate the oysters with their strong sea flavor and faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea flavor and juicy texture, and as I drank the cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the fresh taste of wine, I lost the feeling of emptiness and started to be happy and make plans”.
88. "No one you love is really lost."
89. "I may not be as strong as I think I am, but I know a lot of tricks and I have determination."
90. “Going to another country makes no difference. I've tried all of these. You cannot escape yourself by moving from place to place. There is none of that.
91. “Most people don't have a heart for turtles because a turtle's heart beats for hours after it has been cut and killed. But the old man thought, I also have this heart.(Video) Ernest Hemingway's Quotes which are better to be known when young to not Regret in - motivation
92. “It's foolish not to have hope. It's a sin, she thought.
93. "I loved you when I saw you today and I've always loved you but I've never seen you before."
94. “He always thought of the sea as 'la mar', which is what people call him in Spanish when they love him. Sometimes those who love her speak ill of her, but they always speak as if she were a woman. Some of the younger fishermen, those who used buoys as buoys for their lines and had motorboats bought when shark livers brought in big money, spoke of her as 'the sea' which is masculine. They talked about her as a competitor or a place or even an enemy. But the old man had always thought of her as feminine and something that gave or took away great favors, and if she did wild or naughty things it was because she couldn't help it. The moon affects her like a woman, he thought.
95. “I'm not unfaithful to you, honey. I have many flaws but I am very faithful. You'll get tired of me, I'll be so faithful."
96. “The coward dies a thousand deaths, the brave one less... (The man who first said this) was probably a coward... He knew a lot about cowards, but nothing about the brave. The brave dies maybe two thousand deaths if he's smart. He just doesn't mention them."
97. "Please please please please please please stop talking?"
98. "We are all apprentices in a trade that no one masters."
99. “If others heard me speak loudly, they would think I was crazy. But since I'm not, I don't care.
100. "You belong to me and all of Paris belongs to me and I belong to this notebook and this pencil."
101. "Everyone misbehaves if given the chance."
102. “He would lie down on the bed, and at last, with the light of day, he would fall asleep. After all, he told himself, it's probably just insomnia. Many must have it."
103. "The real reason not to commit suicide is that you always know how good life gets after hell ends."
104. "The world is a good place worth fighting for and I hate to leave it so much."
105. “The important thing is to become a teacher and in old age acquire the courage to do what children did when they knew nothing. ”
Lessons to learn from lifeernestoSheathme gManner
To loadscratchsYWeartTo beAfraidANFail
Sheathme gMannereraanrisk–takerwhoeratafraidanfail.Himchasedit isdreamsyI takepossibilitiesanDoestheyforTRUTH.HimI wrotebooks,untilWhentheythey weretpopular,yhimtraveledaworld,untilWhenthateradangerous.
Live life to the fullest
Ernest Hemingwaylivedto lifeanit ismore complete.HimI wrote, Fice cream, hunted, traveled, drunk,yhimlivednosomeofamorehermosaplacesnoaworld.Himerain loveaboutto lifeyembracedeachdayswindlerenthusiasm.
follow your passions
Himerain loveaboutit iswritingyit isto travel.Himeraeincrediblytalentedwriteryhimuseit istalentanto pursueit ispassions.HimI wrotebooks,stories,yuntiltheater performances.Himtraveledanexoticplacesywith experienceculturesthatothersonlydreamed ofof.
persevere in adversity
Sheathme gMannertreatedswindlerSeveralfolksyprofessionalchallengesalongit isto life.Himwith experiencedepressionydisputedanend upwritingProjects.Himerafurtherrefusedforpublishersywith experiencepoverty.DespiteallofIt ischallenges,himforswindlerto beycontinuedanto pursueit ispassions.
Be creative and take time to reflect
Sheathme gMannereraknownforit iscreativewritingstyleyhimfrequentlyI takehouranreflectnoit isexperiences.Himuseit iswritinganto exploreit isthoughtsyfeelings.HimfurtherI takehouranto appreciatenatureyto exploreit issurroundings.
EsnorteesSheathme gMannereseinspiringcipherforSeveralwritersyreaderssimilar.Himerareputedforit isminimalistwritingstyle,whichtemstatewidelypraisedytheySnail.HimerafurtheranGreatstoryahahahaha,whousevividimagesysymbolismanto transmitit isposts.
They areconstructionfrequentlyexploredthemesofcourage,resistance,yahumanspirit.Himerafurtheranin lovedefenderforaI canofliteratureyit isabiliityanchangelives.They areto lifeywritinghavestateansourceofinspirationforSeveralambitiousauthorsyreaderssimilar.
EsnorteesSheathme gMannereraanMaestroofit iscraftsmanshipyeexampleanambitiouswriters.Himintroducedwethatthatofpossibleanhe writesGreatstoriesclimatelookingansimple,In a straight linestyle.HimfurtherprovenaimportanceofAgreementandisciplinedwritingcalendaryLearningWhatanlidarrejection.ForstudyingSheathme gMannerofwritten,weit couldlearnanGreatNegotiateaboutWhatanbecomeanto improvewriter.
Read too:Amazing Quotes and Sayings by Anais Nin
Hang tags: Ernest Hemingwayinspiring storyto life